February 6, 2014

RTF Template blank page issue --- BI Publisher



BI Publisher Blank page issue
This is the common issue when we creating reports from RTF templates.
When we are previewing the report some times last page will be blank because of blank spaces in RTF template.
But some time’s after deleting blank spaces also we can observe blank page in last.
These types of scenarios will come only when we are using different page orientations with different sections.
For example in my scenario I am using two page layouts Landscape and Portrait with section break.
First page layout is Landscape and I used section break without any blank spaces.


Second page is Portrait.


Portrait page having the condition that if VENDOR NAME is exists then only that page should display.
Here this condition is working but I am getting last page is blank and if no vendor name exists it was displaying header with blank page as shown in below screen shot.


I am having the separate Dataset for this vendor name.
So I added one condition in header level of portrait page layout.
<?for-each@section:RFQ_TEST1_ROW?>

And I removed foreach condition  from portrait layout



And I added <?end for-each-group?>  tag at the end of template


Now RTF will not generate Blank page while previewing the output.

2 comments: