February 6, 2014

How to change OBIEE default date format.



To change OBIEE Timestamp in 24 hours format.

Here I have one requirement that the work order was scheduled on 11-06-13 21:55:00, which was not displaying in the report when scheduled date is selecting between 10-06-13 to 11-06-13.

Here timestamp is taking between 10-06-13 00:00:00 to 11-06-13 00:00:00.

By default BI Timestamp will be in AM-PM format, but work order scheduled format was in 24 hours format. Below is my R&D on this issue.

Here time field is scheduled_start_date.

I took this field datatype as TIMESTAMP and in prompt I am using between function.



Now in Prompt level we are able to select date and Time.
But here I faced another problem; the date format was in AM – PM format.
Our client requirement was date format should be in 24 hours format.
I tried so many options to change date format in prompt level, we can change date formats in report level, but here question is how you will change the date format in prompt level.
I tried to change fx formula in prompt level but no use.
Next I thought to do to create one new column in BMM layer to use Evaluate function and I selected that column as prompt but no use.
Evaluate function was working fine but it was showing in drop down like below screen shot.



Now there is only one option to me i.e. Need to change configuration file.

I went to following location to edit localedefinitions.xml.

Installation Folder/Oracle_BI1/bifoundation/web/display/

Open this file and search for localedefinition name ="en"

Before doing these changes please take a backup of original file.




And change the highlighted values as below screen shot.




After doing these changes to xml file save and copy this XML file to original location.

Restart the BI services form EM.

And See the result in below screen shot. TIMESTAMP will be in 24 hours format.



No comments:

Post a Comment